I could never plan against to murali


Sewhag:I will never miss facing Murali. He is the most difficult bowler who i played against. I am really happy that I don't have to face him over again, but at the same time I am upset he will not be around anymore in Test cricket. He was very difficult because I could never plan against to him. I would try to watch his hand, and if I might pick him, after i would play or else I would watch the ball directly to try to get an idea of the type of delivery he had bowled.

First time I faced him, in the tri-series in 2001, was a terrible because I could hardly pick any of his variations. At times he would spin it at right angles, making my job almost impossible. I tried to play him defensively and cash in against the other bowlers, because I was never relaxed against Murali.

Comments